Droneshield DroneGun Tactical
Long Range RF/GNSS Jamming Solution
1km Effective Range
Simple Control Panel
Easy to Use
What is a DroneGun and What is DroneGun Tactical
A DroneGun is a device that uses radio frequency jamming and GPS jamming to defeat drones. The DroneGun Tactical is manufactured by Droneshield whose offices are in Australia and the USA. Droneshield’s DroneGuns has been deployed on many assignments around the world including the 2018 PyeongChan Winter and the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia. A DroneGun breaks the command and control frequencies between the drone and controller, which forces it to enter the ‘fail safe’ and return to home. When a drone is flying autonomously the GPS jamming capability of the DroneGun is used to prevent the drone from navigating via GPS satellites. The DroneGun Tactical is a highly effective, portable drone countermeasure. DroneGun Tactical provides a safe countermeasure against a wide range of drone models. It allows for a controlled management of drone payload, such as explosives, with no damage to common drone models or surrounding environment due to the drone generally responding via a vertical controlled landing on the spot, or returning back to the starting point (assisting to track the operator)
Benefits of DroneGun Tactical
- Effective coverage: Allows for coverage up to 1 km, in a wide range of environmental conditions
- Fully Integrated: Battery powered single rifle style solution, one person operation
- Easy to use: No technical training for set up or use required and a highly portable design
- Immediate video cease: Immediately ceases video transmission back to the drone operator
- Enables investigation: Drone remains intact and available for forensic investigation
- Additional Frequency Bands: Option to disrupt multiple RF frequency bands simultaneously (433MHz, 915MHz, 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz)
- GNSS Disruption: Optional GNSS disruption capability (GPS, GLONASS)
- Protected: Unit supplied is packed in custom carbon fiber carry case.
General Benefits of DroneGuns
Every counter drone system has benefits and limitations and its important that an end user understands them. Benefits of DroneGuns include:
- Very effective against the drone threat
- Long or short range defeat capability depending on model chosen
- Uses radio frequency jamming to break the link between the drone and the pilot to send it home
- If the drone is flying autonomous, the GPS jamming capability will stop it
- It is effective against a swarm of drones
- It is a simple point and shoot operation
- It is handheld & highly portable
General Limitations of DroneGuns
Every counter drone system has limitations and its important that an end user understands them. Some limitations include:
- The use of jamming technology is prohibited in many countries
- There are collateral effects from the activation of RF or GPS jamming. RF jamming will effect all users who are accessing the same part of the radio frequency spectrum as the drones. e.g. Some drones operate on the 2.4GHz frequency as this is the common Wi-Fi frequency. GPS jamming can effect navigation systems
- Jamming is not target specific and will effect all drones within its range.
Based in Sydney (Australia), Virginia and Washington DC (USA) and London (UK), DroneShield is a worldwide leader in drone security technology. The Company has developed pre-eminent drone security solutions that protect people, organisations and critical infrastructure from intrusion from drones. Its leadership brings world-class expertise in engineering and physics, combined with deep experience in defence, intelligence, and aerospace.
DroneShield responds to the growing use of consumer drones for unethical purposes, and the resulting need for effective countermeasures to drone intrusions. We developed our products with the belief that comprehensive drone protection involves detection and disruption. With DroneShield, they aim to help public and private sector customers take proactive measures against airborne threats to safety, security, and privacy.